Gumbo Festival History/Facts
- 2020 will mark the 49th Annual Festival
- During the 1970’s, then Governor Edwin Edwards signed a proclamation naming Chackbay the “Gumbo Capitol of Louisiana”
- Festival proceeds support the local Chackbay Volunteer Fire Department
- Volunteers cook nearly 500 gallons of Gumbo during the festival weekend
- Festival attracts over 15,000 visitors each year
- Festival features Cajun food, music, amusement rides, parade, auction, demonstrations, and much more
- Festival was previously named one of the Top 100 Events in North America by the American Bus Association
- Festival was previously named one of the Top 20 Events in the Southeast by the Southeastern Tourism Society
How much is it to enter the festival?
Where to park?
Free parking is available in one of the fairgrounds lots. Side street parking and other public and private parking areas are available around the fairgrounds.
How much are ride bracelets?
This year we are once again offering Pay One Price Advanced Weekend Armbands for $55.00. Advanced armbands allow children unlimited carnival rides throughout the duration of the festival. Advanced weekend armbands are for sale until 4:00pm on Friday October 12th. After this time they can be purchased at the carnival ticket booth for $65.00 each. Advanced armbands can be picked up near the main entrance on Friday evening or the festival ticket booth. Buy armbands here.
Who's playing at the fair this year?
What's the weather looking like?
Can I bring chairs?
Yes, plenty seating is provided but chairs are welcomed.
Can I bring outside food/drinks?
Can I bring my pet?
Only service animals are allowed.
How do I become a sponsor?
How can I volunteer to help?
Do you have an ATM?
Yes, an ATM will be available right when you walk through the gates!
Do you have a covered area?
Yes, the band and food areas are all covered!
Do you have an indoor area?
Yes, our gumbo kitchen is indoors and has plenty of seating to enjoy your meal!
Do you have restrooms?
Yes, we have multiple bathroom locations with plenty of room!
are camper/rv spots available?
There are no camper/RV spots available at the fairgrounds. There is a nice, concrete camper/RV parking area with hook-ups located just a few minutes away at the Thibodaux Civic Center. Click here to book
Meet our 2019 Gumbo Festival Royalty
Miss Sheridan Duet
Mr. Reed Callais